A Fragment is a section of an activity which facilitate more modular activity design. It will not be wrong if we say, a fragment is a amiable of sub-activity.
A fragment substitute a behavior or segment of user interface in an Activity. You can associate multiple fragments in a single enterprise to build a multi-pane UI and change a fragment in numerous activities. You can consider a fragment as a commutable section of an activity, which has its individual lifecycle, accept its peculiar input events, and which you can add or remove while the activity is executing .
- A fragment has its own design and its own behavior with its individual lifecycle callbacks.
- You can add or remove fragments in an enterprise while the activity is running.
- You can merge multiple fragments in a single activity to frame a multi-pane UI.
- A fragment can be used in numerous activities.
- Fragment life cycle is firmly related to the lifecycle of its presenter activity.
- When the activity is stoped, all the fragments usable in the acivity will also be interrupted.
- A fragment can appliance a behavior that has no user interface fundamental.
- Fragments were joined to the Android API in version of android Honeycomb which API version 11.
- Encapsulation of logic.
- Exceptional handle of the lifecycle of the fragment.
- Renewable in other active.
Ten things our smartphones earlier have or will finally replace :
- GPS Devices
- Landline Phones
- Music Players
- Remote & Switches
- Video Games
- Cable TV
- Watches / Clocks